True Performance Meets True Style
- Stainless steel EXO antenna with GPS + GLONASS support for fast fix and accuracy
- 1.2-inch sunlight readable color Chroma display
- Fitness training features like VO2 max and recovery advisor (when used with a heart rate monitor)
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack and Sight n Go
- Connect IQ compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
fenix 3 is the rugged, capable and smart multisport training GPS watch. With feature sets for fitness training plus feature sets for outdoor navigation, fenix 3 is ready for any training activity and competition. Access to the Connect IQ platform allows customization of watch faces, data fields, widgets and activities. And, fenix 3 is a thin, light multisport training GPS that won’t slow you down whether for training or every day use.
Serious Style That Stands Up to the Roughest Conditions
fenix 3 is available in 3 bold models: gray with high-strength, scratch resistant, crystal and black band; silver with red band; and the premium sapphire model with a stainless steel band and sapphire lens. Each watch features a protective stainless steel bezel and buttons, and reinforced housing for extra durability. A sunlight-visible high-resolution color Chroma display with LED backlight lets you access your data in any light. fenix 3 is water-rated to 100 meters and has a battery life of up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 months in watch mode (all depending on settings).
Advanced Fitness Metrics
fenix 3 is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor, fenix 3 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Running Dynamics Features
fenix 3 incorporates sophisticated Garmin running watch feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, fenix 3 reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. These metrics are called running dynamics, and they affect your running economy.
Swim Profile and Ski-board mode
fenix 3 isn’t just for running; special feature sets help swim training and skiing too. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim, fenix 3 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fenix 3 the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski-board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. You can even use your fenix 3 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+, for the VIRB and VIRB Elite action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
No other navigator GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) wristwatch offers you the combined training functions and our leading GPS technology. fenix 3 provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten track. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
It records a GPS track log creating a “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint, or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fenix 3, you can create and follow courses, mark up to 1,000 locations and store up to 10,000 track points and navigate to them.
Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp. fenix is equipped with both ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart capabilities to wirelessly share locations, routes and geocaches.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
fenix 3 is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you re moving or not.
fenix 3 auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location. For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with our tempe external temperature sensor.
fenix 3 uses the ConnectIQ platform for specialized software so you can personalize your watch with apps, widgets, data fields and unique watch faces that make your Garmin smartwatch even smarter.
Smart notifications lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you’re on the trail. fenix 3 receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone and lets you know you have a message, displaying the text on its own screen whenever you re ready to read it.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions – 2.0 x 2.0 x 0.6 (51.0 x 51.0 x 16.0 mm)
- Display Size, WxH – 1.2 (30.4 mm)
- Display Resolution, WxH – 218 x 218 pixels; transflective MIP color
- Color Display – Yes
- Negative Mode Display – Yes
- Weight – 3.0 oz (85 g)
- Battery – Rechargeable Lithium-ion
- Battery Life – Up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode; up to 20 hours in GPS training mode; up to 6 weeks in watch mode
- GPS-Enabled – Yes
- GLONASS – Yes
- High-Sensitivity Receiver – Yes
- Barometric Altimeter – Yes
- Electronic Compass – Yes
- Smart Notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone) – Yes
- Vibration Alert – Yes
- Music Control – Yes
- Find My Phone – Yes
- VIRB Control – Yes
- Watch Functions – Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm
Maps & Memory
- Built-In Memory – 32 GB; 23 MB available
- Waypoints/Favorites/Locations – 1,000
- Routes – 50
- Track Log – 10,000 points; 100 saved tracks
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target) – Yes
- V02 Max Estimate – Yes
- Recovery Advisor – Yes
- Race Predictor – Yes
- Running Dynamics – Yes
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod)– Yes
- Personal Records – Yes
- Compatible with Vector – Yes
- Multiple Bike Profiles – Yes
- Bike Speed/Cadence Sensor – Yes (optional)
Running & Cycling Features
- Heart Rate Monitor – Yes
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person) – Yes
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities) – Yes
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed) – Yes
- Multi-Sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button) – Yes
- Auto Multi-Sport (switch sport modes with 1 button press) – Yes
- Advanced Workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts) – Yes
- Pace Alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace) – Yes
- Interval Training (set up exercise and rest intervals) – Yes
- Heart Rate-Cased Calorie Computation – Yes
- Calculates Calories Burned – Yes
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness) – Yes
- Swim Metrics (stroke type, stroke count and pool lengths) – Yes
- Stroke Recognition – Yes
- Pool lap Recognition – Yes
- Open-Water Swim Distance – Yes
Activity Tracking Features
- Step Counter – Yes
- Auto Goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal) – Yes
- Move Bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it) – Yes
- Sleep Monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep) – Yes
- Garmin Connect Compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) – Yes
- Automatic Sync (automatically transfers data to your computer) – Yes
- Connect IQ App Support – Yes (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- EXO Antenna (GPS/GLONASS) – Yes
- Wireless Connectivity – Yes
- ANT+ – Yes
- Bluetooth – Yes
- Weather Alerts – Yes
- UltraTrac – Yes
- tempe Sensor Support – Yes
- TracBack – Yes
Daily Internet Deals // DeadLaced
Sneaker links, video game and electronic deals. Follow and never miss a new release or a new sale